Thursday, 23 October 2008

Goodbye Elder Holbrook!

Yesterday was an exciting, but sad day. We took Matt, Vaughn's little brother to the M.T.C. and said goodbye for 2 years!! He's going to be in the M.T.C. for 2 months, then off to Argentina. We will miss having him around - especially Vaughn. Matt and Vaughn are great friends and they love to hang out together. It was hard saying goodbye, but we're happy that he's going to do such a great thing. It was neat to hear the President of the M.T.C. speak and tell all those missionaries that there were people praying for them to come find them. So good luck Matt - we're so proud of you!

Leaving the house for the last time in 2 years!

Cole loves uncle Matt - what a great example for my boys!

It's offical - he has his nametag!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this Kristi! I didn't even know Matthew had gotten his mission call until Sunday Night when Erika told me his farewell was that day! Good Luck Matt! I know you will be a great missionary!

Tiff said...

Yeah Matt and Vaughn don't look a thing alike. Hello! Matt looks like Vaughn's twin.

Anonymous said...

That sucks!!! I hate the MTC, what a sad experience. I remember when John left and Tom had a major freak out. Good luck with Vaughn!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture with his mom! She looks so proud and happy. How is Vaughn holding up?

Tami Price said...

Mike and I can't believe how much Matt and Vaughn look alike. And Argentina.......what a great place to go on a mission (that is where I served mine!) Which mission is he going to?

Jennifer said...

Ah, my baby brother. I miss him already! *sniff, sniff*