Vaughn spends 1-2 days each week in Portland, Boise or Seattle for work, this week I went with him to Seattle to see what his life on the road is really like (and I liked it!!). I loved Seattle - we stayed right downtown close to everything! I love being in the city - Vaughn had meetings most of the day Friday so I wandered around downtown ALL DAY! I stopped and had breakfast, went to an outdoor market, did some shopping, had lunch, got a pedicure, did some more shopping then went to the hotel and had a nap! It was a great day!! Vaughn got back to the hotel and we took off and went to the Pike Place Market - it was SO neat. I loved the flowers - they had beautiful, huge bouquets for $10! The fish markets were fun to see, stinky, but fun! We walked about 20 blocks up to the Space Needle, then back about 30 blocks to dinner and ate some good oysters, halibut and salmon - I don't usually eat seafood but it was all so good. Saturday we took a tour around the harbor and got a great view of the city. After a quick lunch of fish and chips we took off for the airport. It was a fun trip! Best of all, we got bumped on our way and got $700 in vouchers so I may just have to join Vaughn on a business trip again!
Off to meetings...
5 comments:
It looks like you guys had a blast! Don't we all need to get away from our kids every once in a while:) Seattle looks like fun. P.S. I didn't work out once while you were gone! Oh well.
Beautiful pictures! It makes me want to go! You guys are professionals at getting bumped. What's your secret? I do want Mary Kay stuff by the way. When are you needing to know by?
I just love Seattle!! But I think I already told you that! :) Isn't it just a great place. Pike place market is my favorite! The flowers are beautiful and indeed very cheap. I love the post about your kiddies going to school. Man times flies by way to fast!
I've only been once, but Loved Seattle! Such an eclectic place! (Is that the right word?) Loved Pike Place. Glad you had fun!
How fun! i'll have to gt back to blogging, but I'm so glad you are keeping yours up, I love hearing about you!
Post a Comment