Sunday, 18 May 2008

My Triathlon

What a weekend! We celebrated Vaughn's birthday, Vaughn took the boys on a father and sons campout and I had my "Women of Steel" Triathlon! It was awesome - hard (because of some massive hills that I had to bike and run) - but awesome! It's so fun to be apart of something like that...if you've never done one, I highly recommend it! Cole said, "mom, did you win?" I told him no, but that I finished. He then asked, "did you get a metal for 2nd place or 3rd place or 4th place?" Again, no, but I finished!! He told me that next time I should go a little faster! :) Here are my stats:
Swim - 9:55
1st Transition - 3:02
Bike - 45:48
2nd Transition - 1:03
Run - 28:35
Overall Time - 1:28:25
I was 16 minuted faster then my Triathlon last year so I was way excited about that! Here are a couple of pictures...before and after. I'll post more pictures when I get them.

6 comments:

The Hovers said...

Yey! I'm so excited for you! (and jealous!) I feel "mother proud" - GOOD JOB KRISTI!!

Taylor Family said...

Congratulations Kristi!!! I'm very impressed! Great job beating last years stats and having a good time while doing it! ~Kerrie

Angie said...

Hi! I'm finally checking out your blog. SO CUTE!! You are awesome for doing the triathalon. I remember you were training with Sarah at last year's scrapbook retreat. Great job!

The Queen Bee said...

Hi! Of COURSE I remember you, Uh, remember we were friends and ate lunch together often?! I would love to hear more about your Triathlons! I've finished 3 marathons and ready for something new. -JBE Email me: julie@homewardbound.net

Anonymous said...

Big Congratulations. I wish I had a little determination. You are amazing!

The Brooks Family said...

Yay Kris!! I'm so glad you did so well! I wish I'd known the date, I'd have come and supported you! It's such a huge accomplishment!! Count me in for next year. (can you believe I just said that!?)