Well, I hope I'm not jinxing myself by posting this BUT...Ashton is doing AWESOME!! This is my child who does EVERYTHING on his own terms and on his own time so I was absolutely expecting the worst! I'd been telling Ashton that as soon as preschool was over we were going to potty train him. Tuesday, we ran errands all morning thinking that I'd be stuck home for a week and at 2:00 put him in underwear. We tried the standing up thing and nothing was happening so I sat him on the potty and told him I was going to get my camera to take a picture of him and when I came in, he was going!! I think he was as surprised as I was! I LOVE this picture - he was so proud!

The rest of the day went great - he had one accident - luckily, me and a towel were very close by. Even better news...since it took Cole 1 year before he actually pooped in the potty after getting potty trained, I wasn't even planning on that part. Ashton has come to me twice now saying "I have to go poops" and he does it in the potty!!! YEAH for Ashton! (YEAH for me!!) Yesterday we went to the store and let Ashton pick out a new toy for doing so awesome. I couldn't convince him to put on a pull-up to go to the store so he wore his underwear and did great! This is what he picked out:

We're on day 3 and no more accidents - WAY TO GO ASHTON!!
5 comments:
Big Congratulations! Such a daunting task. I love the costume!!!
Such a big boy! We would love to have him over to play...Jacob would love to get an awesome warrior costume like his!
Wow! Congratulations Ashton!! (and Kristi) Glad this didnt turn into another year long ordeal!
YEAH ASHTON! That is so wonderful. I still have that hurdle to jump over and I can only hope it goes as good as it did with Ashton.
Great job Ashton!!! I could have used that armor myself back when Gavin was tiny to shield me from unexpected fountains!!! BTW, I'll be there Friday night - Yippee!!!
Post a Comment