Another person that we remembered on Memorial Day was my grandma Durrant. She, too, was one of the nicest people I've ever known. She was the best grandma - always easy to talk to and fun to be around. I'm so glad that we moved back and got to spend a good year with her before she passed away. I have a picture of her holding all 3 of my kids. This one was the most recent picture I have of her, just after Jenna was born. This was taken just 3 months before she passed away. I love you and miss you grandma!
Wednesday, 28 May 2008
Memorial Day
We spent Memorial Day with Vaughn's family. We met at the cemetery to put flowers on David's grave - I can't believe he's already been gone for 2 1/2 years. Ashton still goes there expecting to actually see grandpa - we wish it were that easy. He was one of the nicest men I have ever met and I wish that my kids could have gotten to know him too. We wanted to have a picnic at the cemetery but as you can see from the dark clouds moving in, it wasn't a picnic kind of day! We went back to Vaughn's moms house and made pizzas and played. The kids sure love spending time with their cousins. We're so sad that Annette and her family are moving back to New Jersey this summer. Cole will be lost without Josh, Ashton will be lost without Ryan and Jenna lost without baby Leah. We will miss you when you go! At least we have even more cousins moving here this summer! Yeah, Kristine and family, we're glad you are moving back!





Another person that we remembered on Memorial Day was my grandma Durrant. She, too, was one of the nicest people I've ever known. She was the best grandma - always easy to talk to and fun to be around. I'm so glad that we moved back and got to spend a good year with her before she passed away. I have a picture of her holding all 3 of my kids. This one was the most recent picture I have of her, just after Jenna was born. This was taken just 3 months before she passed away. I love you and miss you grandma!
Another person that we remembered on Memorial Day was my grandma Durrant. She, too, was one of the nicest people I've ever known. She was the best grandma - always easy to talk to and fun to be around. I'm so glad that we moved back and got to spend a good year with her before she passed away. I have a picture of her holding all 3 of my kids. This one was the most recent picture I have of her, just after Jenna was born. This was taken just 3 months before she passed away. I love you and miss you grandma!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment