

Two weeks ago, I got a call from a friend telling me some horrible news. My sweet friend Taylia had passed away. She was blow drying her daughter's hair and collapsed. Her husband said that she was gone instantly. I still remember the first day I met her, it was her first Sunday in the Dearborn ward (in Michigan) and I sat next to her in Relief Society and we chatted and chatted. I was happy to have a new friend. Taylia and I served in the Young Women's Presidency together for a couple of years and had so much fun together. She was a great example and I learned so much from her. When I think about Taylia, I think of her smile and I can still hear her laugh - she was always happy. Taylia left behind her husband Jeff and 4 sweet children - 2 of them, I met for the first time this week. I was so glad to be able to fly to California to attend her funeral and be with others who loved her. It was so great to see so many old friends, it was quite the reunion and Taylia was surely missed. The funeral was beautiful, her husband did such a great job speaking and spent time comforting all of us. Every time I looked at him, he was talking to his children and explaining things to them - they are so lucky to have such a good dad. Just hours before Taylia passed away, she was at a Primary Activity teaching the children (hers included) about the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and about eternal families - this picture was taken there.
After she had died, Emma, her 7 year old, asked her dad if they were still sealed to mommy and was relieved when her dad told her that they were. I just don't know how anyone could deal with a tragedy like this not knowing that there's a way to be with our families again. I am just so thankful to know what I know. Sitting there at Taylia's funeral, I just kept thinking that I want to be a better person because she was so good. I have been hugging my family a little tighter, that's for sure.
There was a time when we all lived in Michigan together! We're all over the country now - glad we could be together again.
Me, Jenn(Texas), Chelsea(Idaho), Jenny(Kentucky), Brooke(Kentucky), Ami(Michigan), Liz(Georgia), Sara(Michigan), Christine(Utah)
4 comments:
Thank you for sharing this. I didn't know about the Primary activity. How remarkable. I love the reunion picture and wish I could have been there as well. Taylia was a wonderful mom and friend and person
Kristi,
You are inspiring. Sorry that you lost your friend. And that her family has had to send her home so soon. Thank You for sharing this story. I am touched by her, through you. May we all strive to be better Mothers, Wives, and Daughters of God. Thanks again!
Alyson
wow that's great you got to see all those girls and you are all scattered like that. But man I can't think of a sadder occasion.
Krisi it was so good seeing you again. I will always consider you a friend!
Post a Comment