...that is until Jenna spilled the entire cup on orange juice all over, then it ended up being breakfast at the table! We all love this tradition - especially the kids!
Later that morning mom came over and brought Dippidee cookies (yum!) and chocolate milk.
At this point, all 3 kids were bouncing off the walls...really. My mom asked me what I had fed them and I proceeded to tell her about our waffle, omlet, ice cream, strawberry milk, oj breakfast! I know the breakfast contributed but what it really was, was the fact that the boys had been sick with strep throat all week long and were finally feeling better! This is how they'd spent the entire week:
I took the kids over to my awesome sis-in-law, Aimee and went to lunch at Thanksgiving Point with my friends Holly and Becca. Becca and I went to a movie after lunch and I've never laughed so hard...ever! First of all, she bought me my own mug because she had brought hers. Then we got popcorn and refridgerated junior mints. After finding our seats, she starts pulling things out of her small purse. Popcorn salt, large and small ziploc bags, hand wipes, a baggie of swedish fish, socks so she could take her shoes off and be comfy and a fan in case it got too hot. Wow, I never knew going to the movies took so much preparation! The popcorn/junior mint/popcorn salt mix in a large ziploc bad was very tasty! Thanks for the laughs Becca - I'll go to the movies with you anytime!!
That night, we had a little family birthday party and I got all sorts of great gifts from the kids - my favorite was a paperclip compass (the boys watched Alvin and the Chipmunks the week they were sick!) Vaughn got me some beautiful flowers, some books and were going to have someone come and put in a big sandbox in the backyard (that's what I'd asked for!)
That night, the kids put on quite the birthday concert with their sword guitars and awesome dance moves!
I had so many calls and friends stop by with treats - thanks everyone for making the day great!!
6 comments:
Looks like you had a great day! Sorry I couldn't make it over to your house on that day! (It's my sisters b-day the same day and we were gone all day.) Hopefully you at least got my text wishing you a Happy Bday? I'll be joining you in the thirties club next year...AGGG! The thirties are the new 20's right?
I hope your birthday was fabulous! It sure looks like it was a great day:) Sorry I'm such a slacker of a friend and haven't been over yet with my little "gift". Just trying to extend the birthday wishes a bit! Wish I could've joined you and Becca at the movies! Happy Birthday!
Glad you had a great birthday! My favorite was the kids expressions during breakfast. Priceless!
Happy Birthday Kristi!! What day huh? I am glad it was fun. One year older and wiser right?
Hey Kris,
Looks like your birthday was awesome! I'm so glad...you deserve it! We were in Lake Powell last week but I was thinking about ya and how old you're getting! jk It's just nice for us to be the same age at least for another couple of months until I turn 32. Ahhh. Anyways, hopefully we'll be hanging out soon!
Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like you had a wonderful day. Your a trooper for running 8 miles on your birthday!!
Post a Comment