Sunday, 19 July 2009

Potty Training - Round 3

If you have ever had, or are currently having problems potty training your child, then this post is not for you and you should just stop reading now! Jenna has potty trained herself...100% completely done it on her own. That was going to be my final project of the summer, once things wound down and we were done with vacations, summer camps, etc. - but apparently Jenna was ready because one day she took her diaper off, got a pair of underware out of her drawer and has used the potty everyday since! She naps in her underware, we run errands, she's even starting to put up a fight at bedtime when I try to put her diaper on, she tells me, "mommy, I'm a big girl and I don't wear diapers anymore." A couple of small problems though, first is that she's still in her crib so she has woken up in the night crying and stuck in her bed because she needs to go and second, little girls using public restrooms is a whole different experience than with the boys, all I have to say is YUCK!! It's been 2 weeks and she has only had 4 accidents. Way to go Jenna - you sure made my life easy!


4 comments:

Susie Chadwick said...

congrats!! It's going very well with Maggie, other than naps and bedtime, which I'm not even going to deal with. She hasn't had any accidents in public, even when we're gone for hours.

T & B said...

Wow! Sounds like it has been a breeze for the most part! I cannot wait to see you all in two weeks!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so cute. They are perfect. I am so happy I know her at this age and not just a baby like before! Oh, about your comment on my blog-Deal!

Taylor Family said...

I love that girl!!! Good Job Jenna!!!