Wednesday, 10 June 2009

No more training wheels!

Vaughn and I just had a conversation last week about Ashton learning to ride with no training wheels. We decided that it would be best to hold off this summer and try it in the spring. The reason for this is because little Ashton has a hard enough time just walking through a room without falling down, let alone ride on just two wheels! We were outside this afternoon and Ashton was ready to jump on his bike. I noticed that his training wheels were so bent that the wheels weren't even turning, just dragging along with his bike! I tried to bend them back into place but instead the training wheel came loose. I asked if he wanted to try with no training wheels and he said yes with a big smile on his face. He wasn't nervous at all (which is VERY different from Cole!) I was nervous enough for the both of us. I ran right along side him and he kept telling me to let go. After 5 minutes I did and he was doing great, but I still ran right with him. After another 5 or 10 minutes, I left Ashton in the middle of the cul-de-sac standing next to his bike and told him I was going to go get the camera. When I ran back out of the house, there was Ashton just cruising around the cul-de-sac!!! I can't even believe how quick he picked it up and just took off. He had fun riding all afternoon. Good job Ashton!

There he goes...




One proud boy!

6 comments:

Hector, Kimberly, Alex and Gabe said...

How fun! I can't wait till Gabe is big enough to reach the pedals! Congrats to Ashton.

T & B said...

Go Cole!!! That is fantastic!

Tiff said...

Way to go Ashton! I came home from Girls Camp to find Ty riding his bike with no training wheels also. Aren't these kids too young to be learning this so easily? After all they are only 3!! I swear I was like 5 before I learned. They need to ride together some time:)

About Me said...

That is so awesome! Now we need to take the kids to Allred park again to ride bikes! Let's plan something soon! Cute pictures of your cruise...I'm still VERY jealous but happy that you got to go! :)

Taylor Family said...

Get out! That is awesome Ashton. Great job!!!

Mindi said...

Good job Ashton, maybe he could come show Jane how to ride... we had to put her training wheels back on!