Monday, 29 June 2009

Father's Day...a little late!

We had a nice Father's Day - I was still recovering from running the Wasatch Back so we took it easy. I made sure Vaughn got a nap, made his favorite - oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and spearheaded a family bike ride without complaining once - Vaughn could seriously go on a bike ride everyday with the whole fam - I like it but once or twice a week is plently for me! Vaughn is such a great dad and so good to the kids - we're glad we got to have a day all about him!

I sure wish we didn't have to spend Father's Day at the cemetary, but that's what we have to do now. :( We were very happy that dad's headstone was up in time for Father's Day though. We had dessert with all of my family and the Holbrook's were there too visiting David's grave. Our dads are buried really close to each other so we spent a little time with both of our families there. Wish our dads were still here with us.




No comments: