Thursday, 12 March 2009

It's about time...

...for an update that is. I know I'm tired of looking at those Mini Eggs. I've been sleeping better, that's probably why I haven't blogged in so long, I'm not up in the middle of the night every night so I'm not accomplishing quite as much. I sure feel better during the day though! :) Well, there's been a lot going on as usual so get ready for lots of pictures! Here goes...

I came downstairs to find Vaughn taking pictures of the kids...that's something that doesn't happen often! He took some cute ones.


This is Jenna turning Vaughn into a princess with her magic wand!

Ashton's field trip to Kohler's Grocery Store

I'm surprised that her face doesn't get stuck this way - she making this face most of the day!

Cole finished up an awesome season of basketball. This was the first of many years to come of watching Cole play basketball I think!

Every time I empty my camera card, I find some pretty awesome Transformer pictures. There were 67 of these beauties taken so far this month!


Nice Transforming Bulkhead!

Ashton has finally learned to pedal! He just couldn't get it last year. Now, he wants to ride his bike all day long!

This is the sight I have been waiting for!!! The weather warm enough that the cul-de-sac is filled with kids playing...I LOVE IT!
I was SO looking forward to taking the kids to the Draper Temple Open House. My kids have never been to an open house before and were very excited to see the inside of the temple for the first time. I was also so excited to get some pictures of the kids in front of the temple too. Well...about an hour into the wait to get on the shuttle to go to the temple, Ashton said he was chilly and tired and wanted to me to hold him. He felt warm and as time went on got worse and worse. By the time we got to the temple, he wouldn't let me put him down. He's a heavy little guy but I hauled him through the entire temple, including up and down many, many staircases! Not quite the experience I had in mind! Thank goodness my mother-in-law and sis-in-law were there to help with the other kids. When we got home, Ashton curled up on the floor and slept the afternoon away. That is when I finally got to take my temple picture...isn't it great?? While in the temple, we walked into the Celestial Room which was just beautiful with a huge crystal chandelier hanging down. Jenna walked in, looked up at the chandelier, her jaw dropped and she took a couple of deep breaths then said in a not so quiet voice, "I want to buy it, mommy let's buy it!" I don't think it will fit in her room.

Our basement is sure coming along fast! We are almost ready to start painting. We are going to paint it ourselves...wish us luck! It's been so fun seeing the progress every day!

Jenna in the toy/storage closet and Ashton in front of the built-in toy box.
My preschool room! YEAH! I'm so excited about it. The quality of the picture looks so bad BUT, that is actually the dust floating around down there. You can't even imagine how dusty my house is at the moment. I've actually given up on dusting until this whole thing is done.


The kids in the playhouse under the stairs.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

It is nice that you are getting sleep, but what about the rest of us?? We need to see all the cute things happening in your family's life! Well, I feel caught up now!! I love the Transformer pics - would happen at our house if I didn't make sure the camera was out of reach. BTW, I love the new look of your blog!

The Brooks Family said...

wow! you've been busy! Love your new background. Hope Ashton is feeling better. Had to laugh at Jenna's puppy dog face - I have a feeling that's in my future. Also, when your done with your basement will you come finish mine. It's been a work in progress for over a year now.

kholbro said...

That's not a puppy dog face, that's a scowl!!

Out And About Global said...

It has been a while since I checked your blog. Great girls weekend, looks like lots of fun! And the temple...isn't that just the way things go. But I love Jenna's comment about the chandlier. Eden lately says,"I want restaurant food."