Last night, we hosted a Prom dinner for Vaughn’s little brother Matt and 19 of his friends! The moms brought all the food over but the main dish, Vaughn was in charge of the steak and chicken cordon bleu. Everything just turned out great! WOW was it a lot of work getting ready, serving 20 people 3 courses and the worst part…cleaning up! At least we had some reinforcements…I recruited Emily (with all of her past JB’s waitressing experience :) ) to help me make my debut. We debated on whether or not to wear our old prom dresses to serve, but we decided that it was best not to take away from the girls actually going to prom (okay, so they wouldn't have fit anyway!!) Em only almost tripped once, I only dropped one piece of dirty silverware on my way back to the kitchen (at least it didn’t land on anyone) so we did pretty good! Vaughn’s mom and little sister brought the kids home after the prom goers had left and helped clean up. We had such a blast…we felt like we were chefs on a cruise ship dishing up all those dishes at once. It sounded like they had a great time at dinner and they were all SO appreciative. Oh, to be back in high school again!!
There's your table picture, mom - thanks for the place settings!

That was one good chocolate cake!

Steak anyone?

We had our system down!

Thanks EM!!

Dinner was a success!

Matt, and his cute date Crystal in the limo
4 comments:
That looks like so much fun. What a cute idea! Looks like you did a great job too.
How Fun!! You're such a good sister-in-law! Congrats on your Watiressing skills.
What an amazing sister you are. Great job! I would LOVE to scrapbook with you again this weekend, but I'm going on a "Girls Weekend" to stay at a cabin with some friends from my old neighborhood. I hope to do some scrapbooking there. I will be looking forward to scrapping next time! Thanks a bunch!
Oh my gosh, Crystal is in my ward, that is too funny. You guys did a good job, it looks very nice.
Post a Comment