Wednesday, 13 February 2008

Nice change of scenery




As I was cleaning up toys today I started thinking...I was always going to be "one of those moms" whose kids didn't play with weapons...then I had two boys. Even things that aren't weapons - candle holders, pipes, travel toothbrush holders, kitchen utensils – become weapons! It’s not very often that you won’t find a weapon of some kind in the boys hand, pocket, or waistband. It's such a nice change of scenery to come across dolls and purses now! Jenna is such a girl. At the store yesterday, I parked the stroller in front of an entire wall of boy toys, Diego, Transformers, Power Rangers, Legos and she spotted the one and only out of place doll and yelled for it. When I handed it to her she hugged it and giggled! As girly as she is though, she can sure handle a lightsaber!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even though we just have girls. We find a lot of weapons ourselves. Hairbrushes seem to be the weapon of choice at our house. One thing is for sure, Jenna will be tough and know how to shoot bad guys with the best of them!!!