Cole has been SO excited to start Kindergarten - and even more excited to ride the bus! Cole packed his backpack...
we took lots of pictures...
we made sure we left plenty of time to walk to the bus stop...
We turned the corner and saw lots of moms waiting at the bus stop for the morning kindergarteners - then one of the moms yelled to me that the bus had already come. WHAT?? Apparently - kindergarten starts 30 minutes earlier on Monday's and apparently, I was supposed to just know this. You should have seen Cole's face - he was devistated and I was so sad for him. So, we ran home, piled in the car and drove Cole to school. Luckily, there were about 10 other moms in the hall reading bus schedules because they didn't know either (that made me feel a lot better!) So, Cole was 30 minutes late for his first day but much happier by the time he walked into his class. I waved and in he went. I wasn't even sad - just a little stressed - and I knew it was a short day and he'd be home 2 hours later! :) Then I started worrying - we'd gone over the whole riding the bus to school thing and where he goes when he gets there - but we didn't talk about the fact that there may be lots of stops on the way home and not to just get out when the bus stops!! I woke Jenna up from her nap to get to the bus stop early and waited and waited. 35 minutes later (I wasn't going to miss this bus) I saw his little face in the front seat and was SO relieved!! He was one happy boy! His teacher called about an hour later making sure Cole had gotten on the right bus and was home okay - so, apparently there was reason to worry - I'm glad he found his way home!
So, the second day of Kindergarten went much smoother! We got there plently early so we wouldn't miss a thing.
Cole was SO excited when he saw that bus coming to pick him up.
Bye Cole!
Waiting for Cole to come home...
7 comments:
Too funny!!! It is hard to add the changing school schedule, to the regular calendar, as well as family life, extra events, napping, etc. Good Luck. Watch for those early release days! Ashton came home two hours early one day (on the bus). I was so surprised, and just glad I wasn't gone running errands. I had no idea it was early out! Enjoy school Cole!
How fun!! I still fondly remember my first day of school 18 years ago. I love the picture of Jenna and her brother-the last one on the post. Such innocent cute kids!
What?? I never heard of that. How dare they change things since I worked there! I am glad you got it all figured out. Don't you love the school? Have you introduced yourself to Lauretta yet? Tell her you know me and you will be good to go!!
i know! I hate mondays! its a waste to send them to school for 2 hours. ok i am just bitter cause i want kindergarton to be all day. yes i hate hearing "is it time yet? how many more hours, miinutes, seconds?" arrrrr!!!!!!
Wow! Kindergarten already!? Your kids are getting so big!! Time for another one!
It is so fun to see how beautiful your family is! Your kids are so big and adorable. Are you in Logan? You look great too! Do you still scrapbook? Love,Michelle Menden
I love being able to see you guys as Hannah comes home and Cole goes off to kindergarten! You are a great, incredible, amazing mom who we all look up to!
Post a Comment