Sunday, 22 June 2008

Wasatch Back

What a weekend!! This relay was one of the hardest things I have ever done...and one of the funnest! It all started early Friday morning when half of our team, Wendy, Jackie, Kim, Brook and Kerry met at my house to head to Logan. Most of us didn't even know each other, but after living in a van for 2 days straight I feel like we got to know each other pretty well! Our start time in Logan was 12:00pm and it was getting HOT - I've never run in heat like that before. I ran 5.6 miles at 2:00pm on Friday, 4.7 miles at 12:30am on Saturday (my favorite leg), got maybe 2 hours of sleep, them ran 5.1 miles and noon on Saturday. Our other 6 teammates had some bad luck with their vehicle overheating on the course. We won the "Beautiful Disaster" reward because of it! All 12 of us crossed the finish line at 9:30pm - our time was 33:16:22..that's 33 hours, 16 minutes and 22 seconds - now that is a lot of running!!!! You are not going to believe this, but I didn't take a single picture - I took my camera, but no camera card. :( Luckily my teammates got some good ones - I'll post them soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations You are amazing. I am just proud of you for doing it.

The Brooks Family said...

Congratulations Kris! I can't believe you did this - it's awesome!!

The Hovers said...

Wow!! Sounds like fun, but I'm sure you're glad it's over. Do you want to go float at the pool with me? Water aerobics now? Wednesday at 8 pm outside...! :0

sunderlage family said...

You were a great asset to our "team". Thanks for being such a good sport and letting us trash your car and be chauffeured around for 2 days straight. My thighs are still a little sore. Maybe I'll see you in Provo at the 1/2. So fun getting to know you. Wendy

Tami Price said...

Awesome! If you ever start training other people let me know! I would love to start to run! Although you are going to be so busy running around now as Primary President! You are amazing!

Kim Van komen said...

Kristy,
What an amazing weekend we had! I feel like I know all of you so well...somehow. Thanks for allowing us to use your van. You are an amazing person and runner. We are considering a Van 1 reunion in a few weeks, we'll keep you posted. I'll send pics soon. See you at the 1/2 if not before.
Kim